The Big Fix – Raffle official rules
January 13, 2022
The Big Fix
Earning Swag By Fixing Security Vulnerabilities Giveaway and Raffle
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- HOW TO ENTER: Beginning on January 17, 2022 until February 26, 2022 (“Qualifying Dates”), the first two thousand (2,000) individuals may win a prize by registering for The Big Fix event, and then using their Snyk account to identify and fix at least one security vulnerability in which the entrant uses the Snyk platform to identify and fix. Entrants must have a Snyk account to enter.
Additionally, to qualify for raffled prizes, participants must import and monitor at least 3 projects (inclusive of the above) into their Snyk account during the Qualifying Dates for a single entry into the raffle. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to residents worldwide, 18 years of age and older (or the age of majority in their state or country of residence, whichever is older) as of January 17, 2022, except for employees of Snyk Limited ("Sponsor"), affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies (collectively "Promotion Parties"), and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household. Void where prohibited.
- WINNING: Before the event ends on February 26, 2022, participants must have registered for the event and found and fixed at least one security vulnerability using their associated Snyk account in order to receive a free prize. Qualified entrants will be notified via e-mail once the event has ended and shall respond with the information requested to claim their prize. Additionally, qualifying raffle winners will be randomly selected once the event has ended on February 26, 2022. Winners shall be notified via email once the event has ended and shall respond with the information requested to claim their prize. Raffle participants cannot win more than once.
Failure to respond within seven (7) business days will result in forfeiture of prize. The return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. By entering this event, the entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. Acceptance of a prize also constitutes permission to the Promotion Parties to use winner's name, and likeness, and biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this event, entrants waive all right to, and hold the Promotion Parties harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys' fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this event or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Promotion Parties will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect entries; an entrant's failure to receive prize notices due to entrant's spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for entrants' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this event; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this event; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the event, or announcement of the prizes. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the event, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the event, Sponsor reserves the right to request that the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, cancel or modify this event in a manner deemed appropriate by the Sponsor. In the event of termination, winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received as of date of termination. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning entrant, entries will be declared made by the name on the online entry form.
- PRIZES: One (1) limited edition Big Fix t-shirt for each participant who successfully identifies and fixes at least one security vulnerability during the event, limited to the first two-thousand entrants (2,000). Each shirt is valued at $10.00 USD. Limit one prize per participant.
One (1) Security book for each winning raffle participant total of six (6) books. Each book is valued at $30.00 USD. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. Each participant may only win the raffle once. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded. Fulfillment may be performed by a third party acting on behalf of Snyk.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM: Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this event and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. Entrant further agrees that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this event and these Official Rules shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in New York County, New York
- SPONSOR: Snyk Limited, Highlands House Basingstoke Rd. Spencers Wood Reading, Berkshire, England RG7 1NT UNITED KINGDOM