Dated: 21 January 2019
Please read this policy carefully before using our website.
By visiting our website https://snyk.io or installing our CLI tool (together, the “Platform”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. This is the legal basis upon which we process your personal information as well as because it is necessary for the performance of our obligations under our Terms of Service or any other agreement we have entered into with you. If you are a prospective job applicant, we may also process your personal information because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
For the purpose of the relevant data protection legislation, the data controller is Snyk Limited of 1 Mark Square, London EC2A 4EG , UK (“Snyk”, “us”, “our” or “we”). Our ICO Registration Number is: ZA232876
Please note that this policy does not apply to, or limit, our use or disclosure of non-personal information (i.e. information which is not relevant to you or able to identify you) we may collect from you via your use of the Platform.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Platform, when you log in to the Platform, by applying for a job (either directly or through a third party agency) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes (but is not limited to) information you provide when you use our service and when you report a problem with our Platform or the services available on it. The information you give us will depend on the circumstances but, as you are giving it to us, you will always know what information we are receiving. We may keep a record of that correspondence or information for two years in case we need to contact you in relation to the issue for which you contacted us, for operational performance improvement and/or nuisance caller management. We will not use it for marketing purposes.
Please note that we do not collect payment information from you. This will be collected directly from you by our third party payment processor.
Information we collect about you. We may collect the following information about you:
- your contact details (phone number, address, email address).
- if you are applying for a job with us, your curriculum vitae, work history and interview feedback.
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Platform (including date and time); what you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information from the third party authentication provider about you, including your GitHub user name and your email address. We are also working closely with other third parties (including, for example, business partners, service providers, sub-contractors in technical and payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and recruitment agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to consider your job application;
- to provide customer support;
- to personalise your experience;
- to contact you about your account;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with our newsletter, security best practices and updates about our Platform;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you, if you have consented to receive this;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to administer our Platform and our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Platform and our services and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our Platform safe and secure.
- If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and product updates, you may unsubscribe from them at any time.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with the following, selected third parties:
- business partners service providers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- service providers acting as processors who provide IT, customer management, recruitment administration and system administration services;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Platform.
We may disclose your personal information to certain third parties in the following circumstances:
- if we have your permission to do so;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Snyk or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Customer Agreement and any other documents referred to on it; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Snyk, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by changing your preferences in your account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The law gives you the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We first require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. In addition, you may request rectification or erasure of personal information as well as the restriction of processing of your personal information. We will comply with your requests in accordance with the applicable law.
If you wish to complain about the processing of your personal information then please contact us first, but if we do not satisfactorily deal with your complaint, then you may contact the Information Commissioner.
If you want to stop using the Platform and the Services, you may do so. If you do, you may also want to remove any cookies that we have placed on any device used to access the Platform and the Services.
Third Party Platforms
Our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites operated by third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.