Join Snyk in celebrating 31 days of Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2021
Today’s the first day of October as well as the first day of the 18th annual Cybersecurity Awareness Month. The purpose of Cybersecurity Awareness Month is not only to raise awareness about the importance of cybersecurity, but also to inspire people to improve their cybersecurity posture: whether that be through implementing multi-factor authentication, not clicking that suspicious email attachment, or even writing code more securely by utilizing a tool like Snyk. =)
Here’s the thing about cybersecurity: as much as we love it (our entire company has been built to make it easier for developers to build applications securely, after all), most people don’t think about it much. And this is a shame, not only because cybersecurity is fun — it’s also so important!
At Snyk, we strongly believe that the best way to improve security at scale is to empower developers and other technical practitioners to easily discover, fix, and learn about security vulnerabilities in their applications, dependencies, and infrastructure. That’s why we build tools and services that make it simple to scan and fix vulnerabilities in your code and dependencies: the easier it is to identify and fix issues, the fewer security problems there will be!
To celebrate all 31 days of security this October, we’ve decided to have a bit of fun. Throughout the month, we’ll be sharing some of our favorite security articles and videos, highlighting some of our favorite cybersecurity community members, running fun cybersecurity giveaways, and even sharing some of our most embarrassing security horror stories.
Cybersecurity fun on Twitter
If you’re interested in learning more about cybersecurity (and having some fun!), follow us on Twitter and subscribe to get our notifications! Here’s how it works:
- Follow @snyksec on Twitter (and be sure to click the notify button! )
- Each day in October either retweet, reply to, or like one of our tweets
- At the end of each day, we’ll randomly select one person and send them one of our favorite cybersecurity books (all hand-selected by our internal team and the Snyk community on Twitter). We’ll notify winners via a Twitter direct message.
If you plan on participating, we encourage you to read the full terms of the giveaway.
Because there’s so much to learn about and celebrate in the cybersecurity community, we’ve decided to focus on the following topics this year:
- The first week of the month will be focused on developer security
- The second week will be focused on infrastructure security
- The third week will be focused on AppSec
- The fourth week will be focused on security horror stories 👻 👻 👻
So give us a follow and enjoy! Happy #31DaysOfSecurity! <3