- Snyk for Node.js
- Snyk for Ruby
- GitHub Integration
- Snyk CLI
- CI integration
- Bitbucket Pipelines
- Slack Integration
- GitHub Enterprise
An organisation groups projects, and can have team members who can access these projects.
When you sign up to Snyk, you’ll see you have a default organisation, named like your GitHub username. Any projects you add via the CLI or via GitHub integration will appear in this organisation by default.
You can create an organisation, or join one via invitation. If you have more than one organisation, you can switch between organisations via the web UI or in the CLI.
Notifications about newly disclosed vulnerabilities are per organisation; you can turn them on and off per organisation.
Snyk pricing works per organisation, so e.g. you can have your own default organisation on a free plan, while being a member of an organisation your company pays for.
You can have an unlimited number of organisations on Snyk. Each organisation can be on a different pricing plan.
To create a new organisation, choose the ‘Create’ link in the drop-down in the top navigation. You can then name the organisation and choose a plan.
- Choose the organisation you want from the drop-down menu in the top navigation.
- If you add projects on snyk.io via GitHub integration, they will be added to the currently chosen organisation.
In the Snyk CLI
- If you have only your default organisation, any projects you add or update by running
snyk monitorwill be automatically associated with your default organisation.
- If you have more than one organisation, you can configure which one projects should be associated with by running
snyk config set org=orgname. Note:
orgnameshould match the name as displayed in the URL.
- If you would like to override this global configuration for individual runs of
snyk monitor, run
snyk monitor --org=orgnameor
snyk wizard --org=orgname.
In the ‘Manage organisation’ section, you can:
- see how many private, public and inactive projects are in the organisation
- see and manage team members
- manage billing (administrator users only)
- leave this organisation
- delete this organisation (administrator users only)
Go to the ‘Members’ tab in the ‘Manage organisation’ section to invite new team members.
- The Free and Starter plan only have administrators.
- The Team, Pro and Enterprise plan have administrators and collaborators.
|User permissions within an organisation||Administrator||Collaborator|
|Update project with new snapshot||x||x|
|Delete snapshot from project history||x||x|
|Invite/remove team members||x|
|Change team members’ roles||x|
|Manage plans and billing for this organisation||x|
An organisation can have multiple administrators. When you create an organisation, you will automatically be an administrator on this organisation. If you want to downgrade to collaborator, or leave this organisation, the organisation has to have at least one other administrator.
Note: you will always be the administrator of your default organisation, and you can’t leave or delete this organisation.