Legal Terms and Privacy
SnykCon – Code of Conduct
SnykCon events are events intended for networking and collaboration in the tech community.
We value the participation of each member and want all attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout all events hosted by Snyk Ltd (“Snyk” or “we”).
To make clear what is expected, all attendees, speakers, sponsors, organizers, partners and volunteers (collectively, “Guests”) attending SnykCon are required to conform to the following Code of Conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
Code of Conduct
Snyk is dedicated to providing a positive and harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, ethnicity, race, religion, nationality, or level of experience. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form, nor do we tolerate any behavior that would reasonably lead to another event participant being made to feel unsafe, insecure, or frightened for their physical or emotional well-being. All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds.
Examples of encouraged behavior that contributes to a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for everyone at the event
- Showing empathy towards other participants
Unacceptable behavior includes:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, or inappropriate physical contact, sexual attention, or advances
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, personal or political attacks, or sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, or harassing photography or recording
- Harassment of any kind, even in a joking or ironic manner
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
- Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other attendees. Behave professionally. Remember that harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary jokes are not appropriate at this event.
Each Guest is entirely responsible for their own actions. Thank you for helping to make this a welcoming, friendly space for all.
Guests asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately
If a Guest engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from SnykCon with no refund.
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect Guests to follow these rules at all SnykCon venues and SnykCon-related social activities, including online or virtual activities. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
Reporting an incident
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or by speaking to another Snyk employee.
Snykers will be happy to assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
Portions of this Code of Conduct are based on the example anti-harassment policy from the Geek Feminism wiki, created by the Ada Initiative and other volunteers, under a Creative Commons Zero license.