We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on and self-directed Community Manager and Advocate to build and grow the Developer Community of Snyk users and beyond. Through education, engagement and networking programs, the Community Manager/Advocate will drive awareness and adoption of DevSecOps practices and Snyk’s developer-first security platform throughout the Japanese region.
As the Snyk Community Advocate:
You will develop, implement and lead a well-defined community growth strategy that will reach our Snyk community of users and the broad developer community in Japan. You will help accelerate awareness and interest in developer security and the Snyk product platform through content development, speaking opportunities, community events and conferences, social channels, Slack forums, virtual sessions and more.
You’ll spend your time:
- Defining and executing a community strategy across all Snyk owned and external communities in Japan.
- Engaging, growing, and nurturing developer focused virtual and physical communities and advocating the importance of developer-led security.
- Managing and growing a Japanese ambassador program to enable Snyk user-based advocacy and content through virtual and in-person channels.
- Identifying and working with regional bloggers, influencers, and partner communities to build awareness, develop and translate content, and extend and optimize product awareness & reach
- Developing community programs that actively engage users in learning and advocating for DevSecOps within their own communities.
- Defining the approach to measuring community-driven results and regularly reporting on business impact
- Working closely in collaboration with the DevRel, regional Marketing and Sales teams to integrate programs, channels and shared goals.
- Japanese and English fluency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You should also have previous experience in:
- Developing and delivering a community strategy aligned with company goals and values.
- Building and running distributed physical and virtual developer communities.
- Creating user communities from scratch (built around technologies, companies, products, or shared interests)
- Building relationships with key influencers in the community, potential customers, and external community leaders.
- Social media and onlineromotion; particularly in technical/developer markets
- Technical, b2b environments; familiar with open source technology and communities
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway 🙂
Snyk is the leader in developer security. We empower the world's developers to build secure applications and equip security teams to meet the demands of the digital world. Our developer-first approach ensures organizations can secure all of the critical components of their applications from code to cloud, leading to increased developer productivity, revenue growth, customer satisfaction, cost savings and an overall improved security posture.
At Snyk, we envision an inclusive technology industry powering a more sustainable and secure world. Since our founding, Snykers have cared deeply for one another and the developer and security communities as well as the larger world around us. Learn more about our Snyk Impact social and environmental mission and take action with us here.
Snyk's Developer Security Platform automatically integrates with a developer's workflow and is purpose-built for security teams to collaborate with their development teams. Snyk is used by 1,200 customers worldwide today, including industry leaders such as Asurion, Google, Intuit, MongoDB, New Relic, Revolut and Salesforce.