Upgrading your Broker container
Snyk regularly updates the Broker client in order to provide new features, bug fixes and more. Our full list of versions and their release notes are available from GitHub as part of our Broker project. We also encourage you to subscribe to the RSS feed for that page to easily receive info about versions as they are released.
To upgrade any container, which is a running copy of its image, you need to kill it, delete its instance, and then replace its image (with the docker pull command) and run it again. Similarly, to upgrade your Broker client, which is also installed as a container, you must do the same.
To upgrade the Broker client:
- Obtain a list of all Docker containers currently running on this host by running the command:
docker psA full list of all Docker containers that are currently running on this host and their container IDs is returned, including actively running Broker containers.
- Kill and delete running the Broker containers:
To kill all running Broker containers, run the following command, separating multiple container IDs with a space only:
docker kill <container_ID> <container_ID>
- Now that the containers have stopped running, delete them by running the following command, separating multiple container IDs with a space only:
docker rm <container_ID> <container_ID>
- Now, delete the Docker image that was originally downloaded when installing the Broker by running the following command, separating multiple image IDs with a space only:
docker rmi <image_ID> <image_ID>
- Once you have killed all running containers and deleted the original image, install a new version of the Broker client. To do so, follow the instructions in Install and configure the client.