Set up a service account
Generate single or multiple tokens on the organization or group levels to manage your integrations. This process describes all options.
- From the top panel of the UI, select the relevant organization from the dropdown list. If your account is managed with groups, click the relevant group first and then click the organization.
Alternatively, navigate to the top group level to create service accounts that can be used by all of its organizations.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- From the Settings area, navigate to the Service accounts area from the side menu.
- From the Service accounts area, click Create a service account.
- From the Service Account name field, enter a unique name for this token. Remember this name can be used only once for tokens in the same area, either per organization or per group.
- Click Save.
The token is generated and displayed from the same area, similar to the following:
Make sure you keep a note of this as you won’t see it again. This is a security standard to keep your tokens safe.
The new token is also added to your Service accounts list, similar to the following image:
Furthermore, if you created the token for the entire group, the token also appears in the Service account list for each of its organizations.
If you created the token from an organization that is part of a group, the token now also appears in the Service account list on the group level, where the group admin can also change the token name or even delete it.
- Repeat these steps to create multiple tokens for the same or any other organization or group.