Enable automatic dependency upgrade PRs for a specific project
Enable Snyk to regularly check your dependency health, recommend dependency upgrades and automatically submit PRs for upgrades on your behalf for a specific project.
Once configured, Snyk automatically creates PRs for all necessary dependencies as upgrades become available for the specific project.
Notes: These settings override any settings configured at the Integration level.
To configure automatic upgrade PRs for a specific project:
- Navigate to the organization for which you would like to enable automatic upgrade PRs and then click Projects.
- Navigate to the relevant project and click the Settings cog .
- From the Settings area, click on the integration settings from the left panel menu.
(Note: These settings only apply to integration for that one project)
- From settings that load, scroll to the Automatic dependency upgrade pull requests and click Disabled.
- From the options that appear:
- Snyk creates PRs up to a maximum of 10 open simultaneously - per repo. To limit this number further, select the maximum number of PRs from the dropdown list. For further information about this, read more about how it works.
- In the Dependencies to ignore field, enter the exact name of any dependencies that should not be handled as part of the automatic functionality. This field accepts only lower case letters.
- Click .
- Settings are saved. Every time Snyk scans this project now, it automatically submits upgrade PRs based on results. If a newer version is released for an existing Snyk upgrade PR or for an existing fix PR, the existing PR must be closed or merged before Snyk can raise a new PR.