ACR—integrate and test
Snyk integrates with Microsoft Azure Container Registry (ACR) to enable you to import your projects and monitor your containers for vulnerabilities, as is fully described in our Container vulnerability management documentation. Snyk tests the projects you’ve imported for any known security vulnerabilities found, testing at a frequency you control.
Integration with Microsoft ACR is available for all of our pricing plans.
This document describes:
Configure integration for Azure ACR
Enable integration between an Azure ACR registry and a Snyk organization, and start managing your vulnerabilities. To integrate with multiple registries, create a unique organization for each one.
- Access your Azure ACR account and retrieve unique service principal credentials for use by Snyk with the AcrPull role. For help doing this, see the Azure ACR documentation.
- Log in to your Snyk account.
- Navigate to Integrations from the menu bar at the top, find and click the ACR option:
The ACR configuration page in the Settings area loads:
- Enter the user name, password and container registry name (myregistry.azurecr.io) that you received when you generated a service principal for this integration.
- Click Save.
Snyk tests the connection values and the page reloads, now displaying Azure ACR integration information. A confirmation message that the details were saved also appears in green at the top of the screen. In addition, if the connection to Azure failed, notification appears under the Connected to Azure ACR section.
Add projects to Snyk
Snyk tests and monitors Azure ACR Docker container images by evaluating root folders and custom file locations.
To add registry images to Snyk:
- Go to Projects and click Add projects.
- From the page that loads, click the ACR option.
- The Add Projects view appears, displaying all of your ACR registries, similar to the following:
- Checkmark the relevant images for import and monitoring.
- Click Add selected images to Snyk.
Snyk tests the images and also imports them to the UI.
Once repositories and images are imported, a confirmation appears in green at the top of the screen. ACR files are indicated with a unique icon . You can now also filter to view only those projects:
- Additionally, you can now connect your Git repo to this project in order to use your Dockerfile for enriched remediation advice. For more info, see Add your Dockerfile for base image remediation.
ACR integration works similar to our other integrations. To continue to monitor, remediate and manage your projects, see the relevant pages, also in our docs.